We invite papers for the 9th International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM) hosted by RMIT University, Vietnam. Previous OSCM conferences were held in Bali, Indonesia (2005), Thailand (2007), Malaysia (2009), Maldives (2011), New Delhi, India (2013), Bali, Indonesia (2014), Phuket, Thailand (2016), and Cranfield, UK (2018). The theme of the 2019 conference is “Emerging Technologies in Supply Chain: Opportunities and Challenges”. Feel free to download the Call For Paper of OSCM 2019 here.
Topics of Interest
We invite submissions that fall within the broad area of operations and supply chain management, including but are not limited to the following:
- Demand management
- Product design and commercialization
- Production planning and scheduling
- Quality engineering and management
- Service parts logistics and maintenance
- Product service systems
- Operations / supply chain strategy
- Sustainable production and logistics
- Purchasing / supply management
- Inventory planning and control
- Warehousing & material handling
- Transportation management
- Distribution management
- Closed-loop supply chain
- Maritime logistics
- Airline logistics
- Retail & city logistics
- Management of logistics services
- Digital Supply Chain
- Industry 4.0 and its impacts to Supply Chain
- Information systems and technology
- Global supply chain
- Human factors in logistics and supply chain
- Supply chain social responsibility
- Organization issues in logistics and supply chain
- Humanitarian / disaster relief supply chain
- Healthcare supply chain
- Supply chain risk and uncertainty
- Agricultural supply chain
- Food supply chain
- Supply chain for project context
- Operations & SCM for Asian context
- Cost analysis in operations and logistics
- Pedagogical issues in SCM
- Research methodology in SCM
- Submission of abstract: 10 July 2019 (extended)
- Notification of acceptance: 15 July 2019
- Submission of full paper: 31 August 2019 (extended to 15 September 2019)
- Acceptance of full paper: 15 October 2019
- Submission of final paper: 15 November 2019
- Conference: 15 – 18 December 2019
- Day 0 (15 December 2019) : Registration
- Day 1 (16 December 2019) : Opening Ceremony, Keynote Talks, & Paper Presentations
- Day 2 (17 December 2019) : Paper Presentations & Gala Dinner
- Day 3 (18 December 2019) : Conference Tour
In addition to publishing in conference proceedings with ISSN, selected papers will be published in our official journal, Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal (http://journal.oscm-forum.org). The OSCM journal is indexed/listed in SCOPUS and ESCI (Web of Science); Cabell’s Journal Directory; Index Copernicus; Journal list of Finnish Universities; Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal list; The Norwegian Publication Database “Publiseringskanaler”; and Google Scholar.
When submitting your full paper, please indicate if your paper is intended ultimately for journal publication. If yes, your full paper should reflect a paper for journal publication. In such a case we will directly review your paper for possible journal publication. Few other journals will also publish special issue after the conference, including World Review of Intermodal Transportation.
Next generation intermodal transportation systems
There is an increasing demand for transportation solutions that are responsive, safe, sustainable, smart and cost-efficient. This has resulted in an increased emphasis on functional intermodal transportation systems. The aim of this special session is to capture new trends in the field of intermodal transportation. We are interested in the following sub-themes but are open to other research ideas:
- International trade and transportation
- Infrastructure, network design and optimization
- Design, planning and control of transportation systems
- Intermodal, intelligent and sustainable transportation solutions
- Transportation cost/benefit analysis
- Railroad, terminal and port development
- Port/terminal operations and management
- Transportation regulations, standards and security
- Environmental impact, liability and insurance
- Risk analysis and management
- Information technology and decision support systems
- Strategic alliances and relationship management
- Government involvement and incentives
The best papers in this special session will be invited to submit an updated version for a special issue in World Review of Intermodal Transportation (Scopus). The journal’s review process will be handled separately after the conference.
Workshop for Doctoral Students and Early Career Academics/Researchers
This workshop is dedicated for doctoral and young academics. The workshop will include such topics as:
- How to publish in reputable journals?
- How to become productive and impact-making academics?
- How to manage a doctoral research programme?
and will be led by renowed scholars in the area of operations and supply chain management.
In this conference, we are also organising presentations from practitioners that address innovation, improvements, or even problems encountered in the area of operations and supply chain management. The objectives are to provide practitioners with a forum to network and share their knowledge and best practices in managing complex supply chain under uncertainty, linking production and distribution decisions, best practices in managing transportation/distribution, etc.
The 9th International Conference on Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM) is hosted by the collaboration of RMIT University, Vietnam and Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Indonesia